Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cupcakes & Bikinis

Anyone else experiencing an unusual amount of work lately?  I like being busy, but it has been mildly outrageous.  Too many hours working, thinking about work, worrying about work, etc.  I think most of this could be solved if the weather would be a bit kinder across the country.  It seems all parties are particularly crabby and I'm sure a fair amount of spring-like temperatures could improve that tremendously.  People will start to slack off and not worry so much about those pesky software problems.  That and cupcakes.  Yesterday, I explained my cupcake diplomacy strategy to my sister.  I'm pretty sure that many of the world's economic problems and political unrest could be solved by mandatory Monday cupcakes.  Small business growth + sugar endorphins = world peace.  My sister awarded me with Awesome award.  I dramatically thanked all the little people that could make this possible.

In other news, last Monday, my hubby and I started running!  And then it rained.   And then it snowed.  And snowed.....  really?  Thanks a heap Kansas.  My 5K running app is judging me now.  Thankfully Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" has been keeping me company indoors.  My impending vacation to sunny Scottsdale in 3 weeks has been rather motivating to me.  Too bad I wasn't this motivated 4 weeks ago.  Now I have exactly 3 weeks to improve my muscle tone and lose some extra poundage as best I can.  After a glass of wine on Saturday night for courage, I clicked "purchase" on a two-piece bathing suit.  I suppose its technically a bikini, but since that word scares the bejesus out of me, so we won't be calling it by that name.  I can live with "two-piece".  The last time I put on anything resembling a bikini <shudder> I'm fairly certain it had matching water wings to keep me from drowning in the deep end of the pool.


1 comment:

  1. I own a two piece. I bought it for a float trip, and I only wear it under a tank top. :D Even if I dropped another 15 pounds, I still don't think I'd be brave it enough to wear it on its own, so I say unto you - GO GIRL.

    ReplyDelete