Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"F" Words




I haven't blogged in the last week or so because my thoughts have been unbloggable.  Gone were positive, uplifting messages of inspiration and in their place, a mind strewn with F words...failure, frazzled, frenzy, fear, frustration, fatigue...  But! I had to rally and pull myself up by my bootstraps because its time to live in reality where things just aren't that bad.  I have a wonderful life and I am surrounded by fabulously flawed family & friends.  Its time to embrace this chaos, right?  Right?!

So after consuming more than a reasonable amount of Edy's Light Fudge Tracks ice cream and deciding it was time to suck it up, I recommitted myself for the 5,093 time to never stray again!  Or at least, not to stray too far :)  This week marks the return of P90x (per my husband's request).  I was inclined to move to something else like Insanity or Rushfit, but honestly, if he's willing to put in the time to do it, I'm on board.  My Fitness Pal welcomed me back with open arms and reminded me that I hadn't fully tracked all my calories in 3 days, which seemed a little judgmental but then again, I did this to myself.  I'm on Day 2 of P90x and I can already feel the deep ache within my muscles cursing me for waiting so long between workout routines.   The good news is that the holidays didn't bring any weight gain for me (no real weight loss either after the 21 day challenge ended).  So minus the 2 pounds of whatever weight (water, salt, ice cream, being a chick) that I added to the scale over the weekend, I'm starting off in a good spot.  

Tony Horton, kick my a$$ into gear.  Its time to get serious for we are headed into <shudder> swimsuit season.



No comments:

Post a Comment